BPH-315: PHARMACOGNOSY –III
PRACTICAL
Max. Marks: 80 Total Hours: 75 (3hrs/week)
- Microscopic examination of diagnostic tissues in powered crude drugs.
- Pharmacognostic identification of various crude drugs.
- Processing, extraction, isolation and characterization of natural products.
Books Recommended (Latest editions)
- G. R. Trease & W. C. Evans, Pharmacognosy (12 Edition), Tindall London 1983, Lea & Febiger, Philadaphia.
- Organic Chemistry: Vols.I-III, S.M. Mukherji, S.P. Singh, R.P. Kapoor and R. Dass, New Age International (P) Ltd. , Publishers, Ansari road, Second edition, New Delhi-110002
- V. E. Tylon Brady, H. E. Robbers, Pharmacognosy (9th Edition), Lea & Febiger, Philaephia, 1988.
- J. E. Finar Organic chemistry, Vol. I and II, The English Language Book society, London.
- T. Eorrison and B. N. Boyd, Organic chemistry, 4th Ed, Allya and Bacon, Ind, Boston.
- T. E. Wallis, The Textbook of Pharmacognosy, J. & A Churchill, London.
- Trover Robbinson, The Organia constituent of higher plants,Birgass publishing Co., 1967.
- C.K. Atal & B.M. Kapur, cultivation & UIC Utilization or Medicinal Plants, CSTR, India, 1982.
- G.V. Satyavati and M.K.Raina, Medicinal Plants of India Vol I & IC, ICMR,New Delhi, 1976 & 1987.
Check out PHARMACOGNOSY –III Theory Syllabus